On May eighteenth I had the honor of being in the Falkland Stampede parade with Princess Sliver Star Hannah Vaz. When I first arrived at the City of Vernon float it was pouring rain and cold, we thought it would be like that for the parade, but just twenty minutes before the parade started it cleared up. The Kelowna girls Lady of the Lake and her princess were there and we were laughing saying ” two parades together in two days”. It’s been great to get to know these girls. Once the parade started children were shouting at us saying “hi princesses”. It was so cute. This parade was unique due to the amount of cowboy hats on most of the people lining the street. At the end of the parade we went through the stadium where we were highlighted on the megatron!! This was amazing; it was my first time being on a megatron. The Falkland stampede is one of the oldest stampedes in BC, and cowboys from across Canada and the US come to this event. The little town of Falkland becomes a busy and crowded town for the rodeo weekend. I want to quickly thank Sue Slater, again, for inviting me to this event. It is greatly appreciated. This was a super fun event. 🙂
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.